Her image-making practice, often using ethnographic methods, are focused on issues
of identity, migration, diasporas and the communities. She questions mechanisms,
dynamics and processes within families and (trans-/cultural) communities.
Nguyen’s interest lie between the fine line of documentary and photographic art.
She considers herself a visual storyteller, using different kind of (image-based)
medias to convey the story that needs to be told.
She graduated from the University of Applied Science – Art and Design in Lucerne
in 2017 and is currently working as freelance photographer, filmmaker, visual
strategist and artist.
Nguyen supports and is member of vfg and Medienfrauen Schweiz.
exhibitions & co.
– OHNE TITEL – 20 Jahre Innerrhoder Kunststiftung, group show
Kunstmuseum Appenzell, 24th Feb – 25th May 2019
– Heimspiel 2018, group show
Kunst Halle St. Gallen, 14th Dec – 10th Feb 2019
– Seitenwagen, solo show
Kunst(Zeug)Haus Rapperswil, 3rd Jun – 5th Aug 2018
with support by Kulturstiftung Thurgau
– Prix Photoforum 2017, group show
Centre PasquArt Biel/Bienne, 3rd Dec – 14th Jan 2018
– Selection nomination Prix Photoforum 2017, Biel/Bienne
– shortlisted Photoboox Award 2017, Lucca (IT)
– nominated Alumni HSLU award, 2017
– Werkschau, group show,
Lucerne fair, 24th Jun – 2nd Jul 2017
– opening Viscosi Emmenbrücke HSLU, group show, Lucerne
– Junge Kunst, group show, St. Gallen
– BilderBewegungBerlin, group show, Berlin (DE)
– Guck Mal Günther, Kunst!, group show Tommasini Lenzburg,
– Jugendmedientage Schweiz, group show, Zurich
– Schulmuseum Amriswil TG, solo show, Amriswil
– Staatsarchiv Thurgau, solo show, Frauenfeld
expertise, experience & co.
project coordinator at Camera Arts, Lucerne
multimedia storytelling and social media
visual strategy, concepting and consulting
working with and through archives
trainee video team at NZZ
press photographer at Thurgauer Zeitung
assistance photography and video shoots (sound and light)
teaching and mentoring
collaborations with artists, photographers and journalist